WHAT WE DO Street cleansing
There are approximately 100 staff in the street cleansing team, in charge of keeping the 640km of roads and paths in the borough clean and free from litter – that’s about the distance from London to Aberdeen!
- 12km of roads and public footpaths cleansed twice or more each day (town centres, Ealing, West Ealing, Hanwell, Southall, Greenford and Acton)
- 44km of roads and public footpaths cleansed once per day
- 74km of roads or public footpaths cleansed weekly – that’s about the distance from Ealing to Oxford
- 355km of roads or public footpaths cleansed fortnightly – about the distance from Ealing to Devon
- 108km of roads or public footpaths cleansed once every three weeks
- 15km of roads through industrial areas cleansed weekly (Park Royal, etc)
- 30km of Transport For London (TFL) streets cleansed weekly (A40 and A406)
- 169 housing estates cleansed weekly
- 14 TFL subways cleansed weekly
- 900 litterbins emptied every day.
How to report a problem
Emergency cleaning can be requested where unsanitary or potentially harmful material is found in a public place, including fuel spills or dead animals.
When making a report you will need to provide:
- The street name and closest door number, where possible
- A description of the problem such as wet leaves or litter.
Report it online or call 020 8825 8825 (24 hours a day).